Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you agency represented?
Most major agencies are just not interested in models under 5' 7". However, I would not be at all unhappy for a legitimate agency to prove me wrong!
- Do you do any trade (TFP, TFCD) work?
Because I have multiple jobs that take up much of my time, I am (by necessity) extremely selective as to the trade projects I accept; I simply do not have the time to devote to every offer. Professional photographers looking to expand their portfolios are welcome to contact me with the specifics of their ideas for trade consideration.
- What are your rates (hourly, half day, & full day)?
- Do you have any references?
I am happy to suggest personal references from the professionals I have credited on my credits page. I am equally able to vouch for the services of anyone listed there, or for other models / stylists not listed. I can provide contact information for these references upon request.
- What are your measurements (height, weight, dress size, bust, etc.) ?
- Do you shoot nudes?
As much as I admire well-done fine art nude photography, I am not currently interested in doing topless or nude modelling. I will consider certain tasteful implied concepts, though absolutely nothing obscene, explicit, or pornographic. As a general rule, I limit implied work to photographers with whom I have already established a mutual trust. Swimwear and non-transparent lingerie are fine by me.
- Are you willing to travel?
I can drive (with gas / mileage reimbursed) up to 4 hours outside of Louisville, though I prefer flying: I would ask you to provide a ticket (coach is totally fine!) from SDF or a nearby airport, a means of travel to / from the airport as well as lodging for the length of my stay, though I am not terribly picky about hotel rooms. I have a valid passport and am willing to travel internationally, as well.
While I normally only travel for paid shoots with paid tickets, but may consider the hotel room & experience to be adequate compensation for photographers with whom I'm really interested in shooting. Of course, I do also travel on my own whims, so please contact me if you would like to know if I have plans to visit your area!
- Can you provide your own hair, makeup, &/or wardrobe styling?
I am happy to bring selections from my own personal wardrobe to fit the theme of our shoot. For example, I own several costume pieces from my acting career & a fairly large lingerie collection.
I am skilled with makeup - standard glamour / cosmetic as well as stage & SFX - though a certified MUA would be best for anything especially fancy.
I can do basic hair styling (curling, flat ironing, basic up-dos, etc.) but not much beyond that.
As a general rule, I am willing to have my hair cut &/or dyed for paid shoots only.
I do have some experience styling other models, and can provide wardrobe styling, hair, and MU assistance on request, even for shoots in which I am not modelling.
- Do you have visible piercings or tattoos that would be an issue for shoots?
- What do you most want to shoot?
You can see my list of inspiration images on Model Mayhem.
Some ideas that particularly pique my interest:
- abandoned buildings
- underwater photography
- liquid latex
- concepts with animals, especially exotic
- sexy (note: this does not mean raunchy) haute couture with a male model, à la Dolce & Gabbana
- extravagant hair / makeup concepts
- anything David LaChapelle-esque - he's my favourite!
- experiments with colour, light, shadow, &/or paint
- What do you NOT want to shoot?
- "selective focus" (i.e.: blur everything but the eyes in PhotoShop)
- unnaturally over-edited curves / skin
- low-res images (blurry, grainy, etc.)
- anything where the wardrobe or props involve real leather, fur, meat, or other animal remains (faux is fine!)
- images depicting/glamorising smoking or drug use
- campaigns or designers who feature only unhealthily thin, anorexic models
Finally, I like to keep as far away from bees & hornets/wasps (my biggest fear!) as possible, so I reserve the right to run & hide if an outdoor shoot brings me too close to a beehive!
- (Designers / Stylists) Will you model my clothes / hair / makeup?
- (Photographers / Stylists) Will you pay me to shoot / style you?
I fully respect that this is your job and livelihood, and I appreciate the time and investment that goes into your work. At the same time, modelling is also an invested profession for me: I put time, effort, and money into my appearance, my wardrobe, my cosmetics, my haircare, etc., and my experience is an invaluable asset in my posing and on-set work ethic. That being said, I have enough shoots under my belt and offers for trade or commission work to keep my portfolio fresh as is without hiring commission-only talent.
However, I can promise to give you a professional effort on par with the input of time & equipment you put into our shoot, if you do decide to pursue a collaboration, and I can also guarantee that the work you get by hiring a professional model such as myself is worth the investment!